UK sources of information and / or support
Support group for families affected by adrenoleukodystrophy and adrenomyeloneuropathy. Offers practical support and advice and raises funds for medical research.
AMN EASIER is a support group for patients with adrenomyeloneuropathy, the adult manifestation of the same neurological genetic mutation that in young boys causes the disease adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD).
They provide information and support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The support is provided by lay people that are also affected by these diseases and can relate to experiences and mixed emotions our members may go through. All support and information is offered free of charge.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.