UK sources of information and / or support
A UK based site proving information, advice and support for people with alopecia areata, alopecia totalis and alopecia universalis.
Provides a range of help, information and support to anyone associated with hair loss.
A registered community interest company which provides information and a support network to help build confidence and self esteem in children and adults who suffer from alopecia.
Run by permanently pull free ex -hair and eyelash pullers, the site provides advice and support to others to help overcome pulling.
Information from The British Association of Dermatologists.
Information from the British Skin Foundation.
Information from NHS Choices.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.