K sources of information and / or support
Has an information leaflet on Non-specific Lower Back Pain in Adults.
Has patient guides on:
- Low back pain: early management of persistent non-specific low back pain
- Percutaneous disc decompression using coblation for lower back pain
- Automated percutaneous mechanical lumbar discectomy
- Prosthetic intervertebral disc replacement
- Transaxial interbody lumbosacral fusion
- Non-rigid stabilisation techniques for the treatment of low back pain
- Percutaneous intradiscal electrothermal therapy for low back pain
- Percutaneous intradiscal laser ablation in the lumbar spine
- Percutaneous intradiscal radiofrequency thermocoagulation for lower back pain
- Percutaneous endoscopic laser thoracic discectomy
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Laser Lumbar Discectomy
- Lateral (including extreme, extra and direct lateral) interbody fusion in the lumbar spine
A charity providing information and education to all people and organisations affected by back pain.
A website which aims to help people in pain move forward in their lives with better pain self-management, with or without drugs, and to live a fulfilling and meaningful life, despite having pain.
Information from Arthritis Research UK.
Information from the Pain Relief Foundation.
Information from emc Medicine Guides.
Sells unique back support systems for the prevention of and relief from back pain.
Has a range of products for the relief of back pain and the improvement of posture.
Makes and distributes back supports and other products to help ease back pain.
Website with information about back pain and an adjustment treatment usually done by applying thumb pressure.
See also the Patient UK arthritis page
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.