UK sources of information and / or support
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide a wide range of patient information leaflets including one in this area.
The European Pressure Ulcer Advisory panel aims to provide relief to persons suffering from or at risk of pressure ulcers, in particular through research and the education of the public.</a>.
SupaSupport is a pressure relieving cushion made by Speed Plastics Ltd,a healthcare industry specialist which has manufactured products for the NHS for many years. SupaSupport pressure relieving cushions are suitable for seat-bound or wheelchair bound people who are at serious risk of developing acute pressure sores as a direct result of using in appropriate seating.
Information from NHS Choices - the government's patient information portal.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.