UK sources of information and / or support
Government guidelines - New Strategic National Guidance: 'The decontamination of people exposed to chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear (CBRN) substances or material'. Includes information on anthrax, botulism, plague, smallpox, tularaemia and chemical weapons.
Includes a 'Disease Facts' section that provides information on many infectious diseases. Much of the information is aimed at professionals but may be of interest to the general public. In particular - the information about possible deliberately released infections such as anthrax, plague, botulism and smallpox. Also information about chemical and radiological deliberate release.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.