UK sources of information and / or support
Has an information leaflet on Bronchiolitis.
Information for parents from SIGN which complements their national guideline called Bronchiolitis in children.
Information from The British Lung Foundation.
Information from NHS Choices - the government's patient information portal.
Information from BUPA.
This website has been developed by Abbott, a global healthcare company, to help parents understand more about bronchiolitis as many currently know very little about the condition.
Breathtakers is a registered charity supporting children and families affected by obliterative bronchiolitis, a rare lung disease. (Note: obliterative bronchiolitis is rare disease and different to the common form of bronchiolitis which affects many children.)
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.