UK sources of information and / or support
Has an information leaflet on Pancreatic Cancer.
Aims to increase the awareness of pancreatic cancer within the general population so that more people are diagnosed in good time for surgery.
Website to provide information in the UK on pancreatic cancer to patients, caregivers and GPs and to raise awareness of pancreatic cancer to aid earlier diagnosis and stimulate more research into better treatment.
A national charity exclusively funding research into pancreatic cancer throughout the UK. Information about the cancer can be found on their website.
A patient guide to complement the NICE guideline of the same name for health professionals.
Information from CancerHelp UK.
Information from Core.
Information from Macmillan Cancer Support.
Information from the North London Cancer Network.
Information from emc Medicine Guides.
Information from NHS Choices - the government's patient information portal.
See also the Patient UK cancer page for many other links.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.