UK sources of information and / or support
A registered charitable body, has become the UK's leading gas safety charity with the key objectives of further improving gas/fossil fuel safety for the public and industry throughout the United Kingdom and reducing the incidents of death and serious injury from carbon monoxide exposure.
This site gives facts on carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning prevention including the use of CO monitors in the home.
A letter from the Chief Medical Officer to health professionals. However, it gives plenty of information about carbon monoxide poisoning which may be of interest to the general public.
Provide information regarding Carbon Monoxide.
Support victims poisoned by carbon monoxide poison, their families and friends.
From Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. Includes information about hyperbaric oxygen treatment for:
- The bends (decompression sickness)
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
The website also has information about other diving related medical problems such as: nitrogen narcosis, hypothermia, oxygen toxicity and barotrauma.
Information from NHS Choices - the government's patient information portal.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.