UK sources of information and / or support
Supports people with all forms of cardiomyopathy and their families.
A charitable organisation that aims to play a leading role in the fight against heart disease. Provides information on many types of heart conditions including cardiomyopathy.
CHF provide a range of information including material produced by British Heart Foundation and other groups, about all aspects of bringing up children with heart problems, from coping with siblings, employers and hospitals, to factsheets explaining the most common heart conditions and relevant treatments, to short leaflets about looking after your child's teeth.
Medicine Guides provide reliable information about medicines (drugs), conditions and the different treatment options available. They have been developed in the UK as part of the Medicines Information Project. Includes detailed information about medicines used to treat cardiomyopathy.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.