UK sources of information and / or support
Has an information leaflet on Chemotherapy with Cytotoxic Drugs.
Macmillan provide cancer information, practical advice and support for cancer patients, their families and carers.
CancerHelp UK is a free information service about cancer and cancer care for people with cancer and their families. It is brought to you by Cancer Research UK. They believe that information about cancer should be freely available to all and written in a way that people can easily understand.
A leading UK cancer centre, recognised worldwide for the quality of its services. Site includes comprehensive, authoritative patient information on chemotherapy. Children and their carers may be particularly interested in the 'Captain Chemo' page.
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide a wide range of patient information leaflets including one in this area.
Information from NHS Choices - the government's patient information portal.
Information from BUPA.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.