UK sources of information and / or support
One of the UK's leading first aid course training providers, they offer first aid training at work and for the public.
An independent community for first aiders and first aid trainers which has a directory of over 1500 training providers.
A voluntary organisation with over ten years experience of pre-hospital emergency care. Provides ambulance/first aid/medical cover for events to the people of Bristol and the South West.
St. Andrew's Ambulance Association is one of Scotland's mission is to provide everyone in Scotland with the highest standards in first aid skills, services and volunteering opportunities.
Provides training on first aid and health and safety and volunteer first aiders at events.
Information from NHS Choices - the government's patient information portal.
See also the Patient UK page of links for Accidents / Injuries / Trauma
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.