UK sources of information and / or support
Has an information leaflet on Giant Cell Arteritis (Temporal Arteritis).
A registered charity established to meet the needs of people with these debilitating conditions.
Offers support and information for people with polymyalgia rheumatica and/or giant cell arteritis.
Information from Arthritis Research UK.
A support group based in Tayside, Scotland, for people with polymyalgia rheumatica and/or giant cell arteritis (also known as temporal arteritis). Although the group is locally based in Tayside, their website has a lot of information about these conditions from which a wider audience would benefit.
Information from the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB).
Medicine Guides provide reliable information about medicines (drugs), conditions and the different treatment options available. They have been developed in the UK as part of the Medicines Information Project.
See also the Patient UK eye health page.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.