UK sources of information and / or support
The Latex Allergy Support Group (LASG) has three aims:
- To raise awareness of latex allergy amongst the general public and, in particular, healthcare workers.
- To provide a national support network for those affected by latex allergy.
- To push for investigation into the increased incidences of the allergy, the identification of "at risk" groups and the prevention of unnecessary contact with known sensitising agents.
Information from the Health and Safety executive.
Information from the British Association of Dermatologists.
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide a wide range of patient information leaflets including one in this area.
See also the Patient UK allergy / intolerance page
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.