UK sources of information and / or support
Information from the Health Protection Agency.
LEPRA is a medical development charity which works to restore health, hope and dignity to people affected by leprosy. Their website contains information about leprosy.
A UK registered charity.
The Leprosy Mission England and Wales (TLMEW) is a member of the wider international alliance of The Leprosy Mission (TLM). The Mission was founded in 1874 and deals with the detection, treatment, care, rehabilitation and reintegration of people and communities affected by leprosy.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.