The largest organisation in the UK working with asylum seekers and refugees.
From the Health Protection Agency. Primarily aimed at supporting health practitioners who care for migrants but of interest to all, in particular it has a section on vulnerable migrants and information about language interpretation.
Provides care and rehabilitation to survivors of torture and other forms of organised violence.
A collective of human rights specialists who respond with compassion and creativity to the legacy of cruelty. They work with survivors of genocide, torture, trafficking and rape who seek safety and refuge.
The British Red Cross cares for people in crisis, both nationally and internationally.
(Australian site.) Large amount of multi-lingual health related information.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.