UK sources of information and / or support
Has an information leaflet called MRSA.
Information from the Health Protection Agency.
The mission of MRSA Action UK is to raise public awareness and to influence Government and healthcare providers in the fight to prevent MRSA and all healthcare infections. Also, assists the bereaved and their dependants, and provides information about MRSA.
Provides information about MRSA - what it is, how it is transmitted, how it affects people and how it is treated. It also outlines what you can do to reduce the risk of acquiring it.
Information from the Department of Health about reducing hospital infections aimed at health care workers, but of interest to all.
Information from Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Information from NHS Choices - the government's patient information portal.
Information from BUPA.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.