UK sources of information and / or support
Information from NHS Choices - the government's patient information portal.
The Transverse Myelitits Society (TMS) is a UK registered charity thaT provide information and support to over TM sufferers, carers and families in the UK. The TMS also supports people with other rare auto-immune neurological conditions such as neuromyelitis optica (Devic's disease) and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM).
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.