UK sources of information and / or support
Information from the British Lung Foundation.
A non-profit making, grant awarding charity established in 1991 to contribute to the best possible physical and mental well-being of employees. Their mission: "Bringing employers and researchers together to produce robust science and evidence based work of practical value whose application will contribute to the right of people at work to be 'healthy, motivated and at work".
Occupational Asthma: Identification, Management and Prevention: Evidence Based Review and Guidelines. A summary of the evidence for employers, workers and their representatives, demonstrating the implications for future management decisions based on evidence of what works.
See also the Patient UK page for Asbestos Exposure and Mesothelioma
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.