UK sources of information and / or support
Organic Acidaemias UK is a small group formed in 1984 covering a variety of related, but rare, conditions. The group aims to provide support to parents who have children with one of the disorders in this group by linking parents with others and by the publication of a regular newsletter and occasional pamphlets of topical interest. The main conditions covered by Organic Acidaemias UK are as follows: Methylmalonic Acidaemia, Propionic Acidaemia, Isovaleric Acidaemia, Gluteric Acidaemia, Argininosuccinic Acidaemia, Hydroxymethylgluteric Acidaemia, Ethyl-malonic-adipic Aciduria.
Information from Contact a Family.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.