UK sources of information and / or support
Information from the British Lung Foundation. Sections include: How might oxygen help?; Types of oxygen treatment; Oxygen Cylinders; Oxygen concentrators; Liquid oxygen; Portable oxygen.
A home oxygen service website from the NHS. This website provides a wide range of information and resources for patients receiving or about to receive home oxygen therapy, their carers, and the general public. You can also email them if you have any questions about the home oxygen service or would like to see more information about a particular issue.
A company that can arrange oxygen for you anywhere around the world.
UK online provider of Oxygen equipment and products for home, leisure,sports and medical use. Secure online ordering for most products.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.