UK sources of information and / or support
Britain's leading charity for sick and premature babies. BLISS supports families of special care babies, provides equipment for neonatal units, funds research and sponsors nurse training.
A site set up by a mother of a premature baby, including information on a range of issues connected wtih premature babies and links to other sources.
Supports families of premature babies born in Buscot ward at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, BerkshireAlso provides useful general information on prematurity and links to useful other sites.
Supplier of clothes specially created for premature and low birth weight babies. Also providing information and links to assist parents in caring for their early arrivals.
Sell a wide range of clothing and accessories online for premature or tiny babies.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.