UK sources of information and / or support
Has an information leaflet on Sarcoidosis
Information from the British Lung Foundation.
Information and support activities for sufferers.
Helps people through there journey from diagnoses, through there life with this disease. They discuss UK benefit issues/social issues / good hospitals that have specialists in sarcoidosis and are there for each other through the good days and bad days.
Provides support and information for people with sarcoidosis.
Information from the British Association of Dermatologists.
Information from BUPA.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.