UK sources of information and / or support
This site offers patient and clinician information relating to orthopaedic sports injuries. It is written by a team of specialist consultants.
Specialist UK sports medicine clinics dedicated to the treatment of sports injuries, sports injury prevention, therapy, and the promotion of the benefits of sport and exercise medicine.
A comprehensive A-Z list of injuries incurred while running, with methods of treatment and prevention.
Information from Arthritis Research UK.
A virtual clinic with information on sports injuries, treatments, exercises, and a directory of sports injury clinics.
Specialises in sports and spinal injuries and includes an A-Z of information about common sports injuries and related medical complaints.
Patient information in specialist sports injury surgery. Especially keyhole procedures of the knee, shoulder & ankle allowing return to peak performance.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.