UK sources of information and / or support
Website offering comprehensive information on stoma lifestyle issues.
Provides support, advice and information to anyone affected by surgery on their bowel or bladder.
An online support group for all kinds of ostomates.
A Yahoo group for new and experienced ostomists.
Supplies innovative products for stoma care, urology and continence and wound Care.
Develops products and services for ostomy care, urology and continence care, and wound and skin care.
Develops, manufactures and distributes stoma care products.
Specialises in products for ostomy care and continence care.
Salts is a leading manufacturer in the global healthcare market,specialising in stoma care and orthotic products.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.