UK sources of information and / or support
Has a leaflet on Reducing the risk of Cot Death.
Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths (FSID) is the UK's leading cot death charity. Includes a 24 hour helpline for advice and information.
The Trust has three main aims:- To raise funds for the research into the causes and, hopefully, the prevention of Cot Death. To improve and extend the support available to bereaved families. To educate the public and health care professionals about Cot Death.
The helpline is run by professionals and parents working in partnership to provide a listening service that offers emotional support to all those affected by the death of a child. (Freephone 0800 282986.)
Information from the Department of Health.
Information from NHS Choices - the government's patient information portal.
Information from BUPA.
See also the Patient UK bereavement page
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.