UK sources of information and / or support
See also the Patient UK stoma page.
Aims to: assist those who are about to undergo or who have undergone surgery which results in the formation of a urinary stoma; assist carers in the rehabilitation of the ostomate; improve the quality of life of urostomates and those who care for them; undertake such research as the membership feels is necessary to enhance the life of urostomates.
Aims to relieve, assist and help persons who have undergone, or are about to undergo urological surgery for urinary diversion and to improve their quality of life and of those who care for them.
Information from Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.