UK sources of information and / or support
This website provides up-to-date information written by consultants about Wegener's and about the range of treatments available and the findings of the Trust's research. You will also find stories from people with first-hand experience of the disease and information about how to contribute to the work of the Trust.
Founded in October 2010, they offer patient and family support in Scotland for vasculitis, including specialised variants like Wegener's granulomatosis, etc.
Provides information about Wegeners Granulomatosis and the options available to those with the illness, and their families, in the UK.
Information from the Stuart Strange Vasculitis Trust.
See also the Patient UK page of links for vasculitis
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.