Posted , 6 users are following.

Depression is feeling ok one minute and wanting to die the next

Depression is the feeling that nobody else gets

Depression is horrid depression is bad

Depression is more than just feeling sad

It's torture to the mind the body and soul

It makes you feel like you're losing control!

Sometimes you wake and all seems well

Then you realise you're still in this hell!

Depression isn't just a myth it's not just what people say when they're just sad or having a bad day

Depression is real as real as it gets but everybody close to you hasn't noticed it yet!

You could try, you could try to explain, but nobody except you will understand your pain

So we keep it quiet hold it all on our shoulders

If only we'd known if only someone had told us

Just how hard and tough this illness could be that it's the truth and not make believe!

If only our family and friends just knew, we'd have them to rely on and not just a few!

Me? I love my family with all that Ive got but they don't understand that I go through a lot!

I could try to explain I could try to make them see but they are them and I am just me!

5 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Anyone suffering with depression can relate to your poignant words and feelings and those who have a loved one that is depressed (and we all have someone, whether we know it or not) should read your post and really try to understand that it is not " all in our head".
  • Posted

I just want people to understand me xx
    • Posted

That is what we all want, understanding and being accepted. Please get some help, perhaps therapy to control the verbal outbursts when you are scared or confused.  That used to be me but with a great therapist and Sri meds. I no longer do it.  My poor husband has put up with the good, the bad and the ugly in me and never threatened to leave or shut me out, like my family did.  Depression is a mental illness, like any other illness.  If a bone was sticking out of your arm, nobody would hesitate to get you all the help you could ever need.  Not so much with depression, anxiety, fear, anger (which comes from something that happened to you at some point in your life).  Don't give up on yourself, please.  Give yourself a gift of a pet to be with you and nurture you as you can give these good feelings back without worry of reprisals.  I would be dead if not for my pets.  That unconditional love that goes between pets and people.  They always listen and believe it or not, give you feedback. ( which is always positive). Many depressed people who have anxiety now have service dogs, pigs, ponies,etc., to help them cope.  You can even litter train a bunny!  And you know bunnies love to cuddle and be cuddled, like us all.  Anyway, please do something and be proactive with docs, therapists and the company you keep.  🐕
    • Posted

You have a husband so you have someone by your side no matter what! I'm on my own with 5 babies to look after, I've been to every therapy there is just sometimes people can't be helped! It's just how life is xxx
    • Posted

I got lucky.  Lots of people end up leaving their spouse/partner after seeing a severe bout of depression.   I see folks in doc's offices with husbands and the husbands are mostly disgusted with and tired of the depression, illness, etc.,and since we are 29 years in, going thru all the crap I put him thru, we are more in love than ever.  Can you not feel the love and affection of your children?  Be gentle with yourself and stop telling yourself lies about "that is just the way it is" because it is not true.  Every day is a gift.  That it is why they call it the present.  When you rise in the a.m., find something to be grateful for and go from there.  See the love in the eyes of your children. 💝
  • Posted

Hi Dondons...

What a beautiful...expressive, and a very, very good descriptive piece of writing....how are you at the moment ?

You know....yours words touch very many people as you write from your heart.....you really should put them all into a poetry anthology....I hope that things are not to difficult for you at the moment...and you certainly do make many...understand your suffering....keep up your good work...you put into words what special, so, so many feel...

Sadly true depression or any low mood are very hard to cope with....I truly wish you well..today and always...let us know how you feel lovey....warm hugs to you and all the others on this forum...take care my friend...xxx dee...

• Posted

Hi...life must be very difficult for you, both financially and emotionally....I have four..who are all adults now...I suppose I coped quite well., ìt was hard my husband worked 6 / 7 nights per week..

But I also had family and friends to support me also...

I really cannot begin to wonder how you do it...you must be superwoman....

I can understand your depression. It is hard with children, we want to give the, THE WORLD..BUT WE CAN'T...

Do you have any close friends that you can talk to ? You can ask the mental health team, to set up something, so that at the very least, you don't feel so alone, tired , stressed out...

You must be amazing though. Even if you don't think so at the moment....ask for help...they would try as hard as they can....

Never.ever put yourself down...you are worth a lot to many others...cuddly hugs,,,,and take care...dee xxxx try to sleep as much as you are able..xxx

• Posted

That was spot-on!  I'm so sick of having this! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.