'At Risk of Overweight' & Obbsesing over looks. Need help with my future?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all,

I checked my BMI and im classed as being at risk of becoming overweight. My eating is extremely eratic but I feel by eating sugary foods it helps me too feel emotionally better. I also spend all of my time obbsessing over how I look and it really gets me down, it consumes a lot of my time and energy.

I want to become healthy and become a healthy weight.(I have already lost 4 stone so I have put effort in, but I feel like I cant get past this 10 stone mark)

I get worried Im hassling doctors but I have felt so down about this issue that it sometimes stops me enjoying my life, should I make an appointment?

I hope someone replies on here smile

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

1rst to lose weight you need to believe that you can do it.

2nd you have to realise that losing weight take time and effort.

3rd no one can understand your body better than you even your doctor.

As you have explained I think you are stressed. So, if any cause increased your weight try to eliminate it.

Eat natural food and follow these 6 Golden rules...

1 - Your stomach is the main room of disease. So, think twice about what you put in it.

2- Don't eat before getting hungry.

3 - Eat no less than 4 moderated meals per day, the smaller meal the better.

4 - When you eat, follow these eating rules: (- One-third for your food... - One-third for your drinks... - One-third for your breath).

5 - Exercise regularly 

6 - Go to bed early and get up early

If you need more help plz provide us more detail about your situation.

To your healthy and long life.

Gley Yahya

• Posted

Can I ask how tall you are as 10 stone does not sound heavy?
  • Posted

Can I ask how tall you are as 10 stone does not sound heavy?
  • Posted

You poor thing, sounds like your stressing yourself way too out over your BMI rating. I understand nobody wants to be fat, but 10 stones is not big. If you start stressing too much over what you eat, thats liable to cause you to gain weight. My advice is to eat right, even an occasional treat. And do at least 45 min of exercise 5 days a week. Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.