/budseonide

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've being on budseonide for 16 years foe Crohn's disease which now turns out isn't active at the moment. I've had quite a swollen left upper arm for about a year and my doctor is saying its cushions Disease but my gastroenteritis doctor doesn't agree. Has anyone ever heard of this before? They also want me to come of the medication soon , 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Could it be "Cushing's Diesase"?

• Posted

well it makes sense as in the long term steroids having a build up on my system to cause the swelling but the consultant doesn't agree. It was a my  doctor who said it to me about the cushings but can't get a appointment to see where she got it from. 

• Posted

https://patient.info/health/cushings-syndrome-leaflet

This leaflet might help you Louise.

Perhaps you could discuss it with your GP & see whether it is a possibility. Your GP could arrange for a blood test for you, then, depending on the result, you could talk to your Consultant again.

I know that My Derm Consultant is always checking my bloods because I have been taking Prednisolone for several years [plus other drugs]

The blood test is for cortisol levels, to check that your body is making its own cortisol again.

The leaflet explains it better than I do!

Good luck Louise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.