'Foggy head', nasally when first getting up?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello All,

I wonder if anyone else gets a feeling like they have a cold coming on/heavy head,/nasally type feeling when they first get out of bed?

I feel like it takes me a couple of coffee's and about and hour before I feel like my head clears I the morning? I also have a balance disorder and am not sure which is which anymore, any answers would be a great help,

Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I get this in the evening before bed and I have had this for over ten years.

Sometimes with me I also have problems with my Chronic Condition and when I take my medications I need to give my medications time too work.

I take Opiates so I understand they can cause blocked noses, of course we can look at Citalopram and that may have these problems as well. I have not picked up on that and I personally can vouch for this AD in my case, Be patient

BOB

• Posted

Hi yes I still feel slightly nasal when I wake up and I've been on Citalopram 18 days now and yes it used to take me a while for my head to get right but that's nearly back to normal now so don't worry

• Posted

Hi K7.  Until I saw our message I just thought I had a cough and cold, but I now wonder if it is symptoms of Citalopram withdrawal.  I have been trying to come off these tablets as I have had side effects worse than the feelings of anxiety.  I find this discussion group very helpfull.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.