?infection ? Haematoma

Posted , 5 users are following.

Day 5 of a &p repair. Following my post yesterday i called drs rooms and spoke with him requesting further strong pain relief. He was surprised i wasnt able to sit at all and that i was still needing reg pain relief. Saw him today & he is querying an infection or internal haematoma. He is unsure why the packing hasn't fallen out yet and attempted to have a look but just the touch of his finger was agony. On antibiotics and back to see him in 3 days to reassess. Anyone have any post op isssues like these?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. These pelvic floor repairs sure aint a walk in the park are they. Most of the posts I've read on here over past 6mths since my anterior repair, the girls have had their packing removed by hospital staff the next morning after surgery. As in 7am. Along with the catheter. I can't imagine how packing just "falls out"? I imagine it would stay in there like a tampon does. Why didn't he just remove the packing to get a better look? You poor girl. Is he a Urogynaecologist? Hope you can get some relief real soon and at least be able to sit. Hugs
  • Posted

Sarah, why have you still got packing in, you need to talk to matron.

were did you have the operation.

i have had  A&P 14 days ago and carnet sit for long periods of time yet and find laying on my side Easter with the stitches.

i am taking codeine on a night 30 mil you local doc will give you that 

have you got a tempricher?

i went back with an infection and she slid her finger half way in and I told her no and that disrupted me for days.

• Posted

I really dont know why the packing is still there. I have been told that it will either slide out onto my pad or in the toilet or dissolve naturally within a week. But i cant help but wonder if its causing me issues...

My dr gave me a further script for tramadol 100mg, oxycodone 10mg, and diclofenac 50mg. I am taking something every 4 hrs to try and make sure im covered. Anything longer than that and even laying hurts.

I had my op at a private hosp in Melbourne, Australia. Dr is a urogynaecologist.

No temperature however i do have a slight smell to the discharge on my pad (sorry if TMI). Im not sure if it's normal to have a bit of a smell from the wound or if its more indicative of an infection. I've started on Keflex anyway so i hope they help soon. Did you have any specific symptoms when you got your infection?

Thanks for your reply gillian

• Posted

Hi Sarah I have just looked on line and in the states they do use dissolvable packing.

if you have a smell it indicates infection but sometime you have a tempricher, send matron a message and she will advise correctly love she is a profesnol,  please keep in touch with your daily progress love big hugs, what is the wether like there today

• Posted

Sarah, I have just had another look about resolving packing and it is for other areas like nose ect, why don't you ask to be sedated and ask them to take it out when do you go back?
  • Posted

I can't understand why you have the packing in still. I'm not surprised you are in agony because basically there's nowhere for any fluids to go eg blood and vaginal secretions. Hope you get things sorted out very soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.