\"Uncomfortable\"

Posted , 5 users are following.

\"Chilblains are uncomfortable\" Are you kidding me! They are more than uncomfortable; it is one of the worst pains I have ever experienced and the itching is so bad that I am unable to do anything else other than think about ways to chop off my toes so that the itching would stop. I soak my feet in luke warm water with salt and then apply an antifungal cream (not because of fungus but because they relieve the itching). Wear loose shoes as they won't press on your toes. Don't wear too many additional layers of socks though as this will just further constrict the blood flow.

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i do same as do.................but it is usless
  • Posted

After over 40 years of suffering I decided to speak to my GP about my chilblains because I already had one in August. She prescribed Nifedipine and within 3 days the chilblain had disappeared and up to now I don't have any. Other years I've been plagued with them by now.
  • Posted

The itchiness is so painful.   Is the itchy swollen red skin cellulitis?
  • Posted

I sympathize with you.   This is crazy painful.   Elevating my feet helps.  Weaving lambs wool between my toes is a good preventive measure. 

Right now I'm 3 days into a really bad episode.  I have to teach high school Math.  How do you cope with the pain?  It's even hard to walk!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.