"Thinking of you" gift for someone with cushings post-removal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My aunt was recently diagnosed with Cushing's, and yesterday had a spur of the moment surgery to take out an adrenal gland.  She's unfortunately halfway across the country, so while we can't be there with her, we want to get her something while she recoups that she'd appreciate....I wasn't sure if there's anything in particular that anybody else received that helped with this transition? 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My sister was a long way from me when I had my pituitary surgery,so she put together a box of goodies,a handbag size perfume,a little soft toy,a couple of ornaments,and included a card with it.I knew she'd taken care to choose the right things for me.Perfumed toiletries are especially nice to receive in hospital,so hand creams,perfume,something to make you still feel normal.Gill
  • Posted

Lib balm and water where the two main things I wanted as I was very dehydrated. Oh and a gel migraine band - which goes on your forehead. I had piturity so that maybe why I had a headache. I didn't want food when I first came round. But I was very bored so magazines are good. Most hospitals don't allow flowers. Possibly new pjs?
  • Posted

Hi,

So sad to hear about your Aunt.  When I had my tumour removed from the Pituitary Gland my Buddy Val sent me a beautiful musical ecard.  It was totally unexpected and really lifted my spirits.  I think you can still get them.  I do hope she will recover soon.  We are thinking of you all.  Vicky 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.