🎉🎉🎉 walked without stick 🎉🎉🎉

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hey all,

Just thought I would share with you some of my good news.

I went out for lunch and shopping with a friend today and walked, all in total about a mile, but all without my stick.

Bought a fold up one to put in my bag just in case. But didn't need to use it.

So happy with this, but my legs feel really heavy and tight.

Making progress though.

I had been using crutches since before the op, September so it was a major thing for me today!x

8 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done you ! Thats a real achievement . I still take my stick when im out and about , walk 50 yards with and 50 without - must look odd to other people ! ( does she need that stick or not!) Β lovely yo hear you are making such good progress - keep us informed xxxxxxΒ 
    • Posted

Thank you 😘

We all do what we need to in order to make progress and if that helps you then keep doing it.

I think when you go through such a big operation that has such a great impact on physical, mental and emotional well-being, you stop caring what people think as much.

Before this, I was a bit scared to go out with a walking stick, thought people would be looking at me and judging.. And wondering why? But I got over it and knew within myself it was for my benefit.

Keep doing what your doing and let me know how you get on X

• Posted

Well done there, definitely a step in the right direction, another major milestone.

Time to celebrateΒ πŸΈΒ πŸΉΒ πŸŽ‰Β cheesygrin

Graham - πŸš€πŸ’ƒ

• Posted

Thanks Graham.

Finally feels like I can see light at the end of this long and winding tunnel.

Natalie 😁

• Posted

How far are you post op? Glad you had a fun day!!
    • Posted

Thanks. Great girly day. Missed them so much.

I will be 11 weeks on Wednesday! It's taken me a while to get to this stage, not as quick as I would have liked, but guess we are all a bit impatient like that.x

• Posted

Hi WG!

What good news to hear from you. You are making progress - doesn't it feel fabulous?!

I am doing better as well - although not as far along as you.

Very, very glad to hear that you are doing so well.

Big hugs,

L

• Posted

Thank you so much. How far along are you?

It's taken a while to get to this point, believe me. Need to keep going now and building muscles up. X

• Posted

I am 10 weeks post LTHR and walking with a cane for outings with limited walking and a walker for distance walks (I am trying to build up endurence and smooth out my gait). I do physio with a PT 1x/week and about 40 minutes of exercises each day plus walking.

I did a (very) little gardening today and I really feel it but it was GOOD and my garden was very appreciative :-))

I see my surgeon in July to set a date for my second hip (likely late summer/early fall). So I am fairly motivated to get in shape to be ready.Β 

It has been > 18 months since travelling and there is so much to see and do!

Good luck WG

PS. I think you need a new handle - it no longer fits! How about - Can't HOld Me Back (CHOMB)?!

• Posted

It's so encouraging to hear how well you have done. It's like a new life is beginning and allΒ the work for recovery was well worth it. Soon this will be just far memory.Β 

Take it easy major surgery takes time for the body to heel.Β 

Wishing you progress & good days in heeling ahead!Β confused

• Posted

Thank you so much. It definitely makes the harder and sorer days that bit better to deal with, knowing what's to come. X
  • Posted

Go girl - freedom. Β I have been to Asda today 1st trip to a shop since op 4 weeks ago, with a crutch I feel so much better, the little milestones keep coming.
    • Posted

I know, felt great, haha!!

How did you feel at the shops? Good to be out again?x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.