1 week on orlistat

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on orlistat 8 days, i have lost 5.7 pounds all in total i did weight 138kg ( bad i know). I would just like to know what ever one else is eating as im finding it hard what to have for meals ect

Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Dont feel bad about what you weighed pet , we are all over weight hence why we are on these tablets , and your weightloss so far is amazing , my advice keep doing what your doing as your doing great ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
    • Posted

Thank you for you kind comments im feally determined to get this weight shifted once and for all i just find it hard what to eat, feels like im constantly eating chicken for my dinner. x
    • Posted

I bought a book of ebay its called the 'alli diet ' i only paid a few quid for it and it was great it explained the way the tablets work in 'English ' not docters talk , it is full ov recipes , its a white book with the word alli in different colours maybes buy one of those and it may give you some ideas, i know it helped me ๐Ÿ˜Š
    • Posted

Yeah i will look into that thank you i need some new meal ideas so thank you for telling me about the book x
  • Posted

If you've lost 5lb in a week, you must be doing something right ๐Ÿ˜€ I have also been on the tabs for a week and haven't lost anything! I have been conscious of cooking low fat meals and am denying myself any treats. I don't understand why no pounds have shifted! ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, i just wanted advice on low fat meals as i feel im eating chicken all the time i need to mix my foods up a bit to do i don't loose intrest x
    • Posted

I look up recipes and find bbcgoodfood a good one. Made nice salmon fish cakes last night. They give nutrition facts so you can keep to low fat options. Good luck.
  • Posted

Thats a great loss Susan.ย  I lost just over 7llb in my first week and I went on to lose just overย  6 stone in 8 months when I was on the tablets back in 2014.ย  I weighed 114kg with a bmi of 39.ย  When I stopped Orlistat I weighed 74kg and my bmi was just over 25.ย  As long as you remember to eat low fat and drink plenty of water then you can't go wrong.ย  After a while the tablets re-educate the way you think when it comes to food choices.ย  You know you will pay the price with toilet accidents if you eat too much fat !ย  Keep up the good work and i'm sure the weight will come off before you know it.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. Wow well done you i hope i can keep at it and loose as much as you have im going on holiday in september so hoping to loose quite a bit before then smile
    • Posted

Believe me you will.ย  Once the weight starts coming off at a steady pace each week/month it encourages you to keep going.ย  Use your holiday as your motivation.ย  Just think of all the new clothes you are going to buy!! Good luck biggrin
    • Posted

Ooo did someone say new clothes? :p yes thats a plus. Im determined to stick to this i was happy when i seen id lost 5.7 pounds.
  • Posted

Can I ask something? For breakfast I only had a very small bowl of all bran with a little skimmed milk, should I skip the blue pill as it was hardly any fat? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.