1 year on citalopram 10 months on amprtriplin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm looking for some advice. I've been on 20mg citalopram for a year now must admit had a horrible few months at first but did get better apart from bad headaches and migrane I then got put on amprtriplin 10 mg aswell. The amtripline really helped but then a couple of months ago I was having funny turns and the odd anxiety attacks and very tired so decided to come off the amtripline so I weaned off them the last tablet I took was about 3 weeks ago. The past 2 nights I've not been able to sleep and today I've had heart poltations both my arms have gone numb and I've had a couple of panic attacks I went to see my go today he has said it's anxiety that's causing the problems and doubts it's coming off ampitripline. They have given me beat blockers to start which I'm Abit worried about. Any advice would be very helpful ??? Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hollie92553

i have been on 20mg of Amitryptaline for 8 months & have had a few uncomfortable headaches & feeling sick

i dont know anything about beta blockers to be honest,i would suggest you go to a pharmasist as they are very good at helping you to understand what the pills are for & what sort of side effects you can expect ... if i ever have a worry about the meds im on then i always ask the pharmasist

sorry i couldnt be much help to you,i hope you find the answers you are looking for

Regards

Dawn

• Posted

Hey hollie my doctor prescribed me 30mg amitriptyline today to take with my citalopram 10mg which i have been on for a little over a year. He prescribed me the amitriptyline because i said my anxiety is coming back i was thinking of maybe taking 10mg of amitriptyline tonight and see how i feel tomorrow I'm just wondering if i should take it or not because i dont need another AD i would have rather just increased the citalopram.
    • Posted

Hi kain. I didn't like the idea of being on both either. They put me on it for my headaches and migranes I've been off ampitripline now for over 3 weeks. I've been put on propranolol 10 mg now for anxiety and headaches I took my first tablet last night going to see how I get on with these. I found being on citalopram and ampitripline made me tired and felt fuzzy most mornings. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.