10 days for sertaline really bad feeling and stomach pain alots any advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

10 days sertaline and feeling not well even I m not going 2 out side doctor also gave me lorazepam if I need it. Any body tell me about lorazepam it's good

After taken how u feel it's help thanx

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there,

I have been on Zoloft now 7 weeks started with 50 mg and now just starting 100mg. Side affects have been rough the west part has been stomach pain, constipation etc. I believe that has more to do with the fact that most of the folks with serious anxiety issues tend to suffer from IBS.

I was also prescribed Ativan (Lorazepam) 3mg a day to start, I am down to using about 1 mg per day. It has been a God Send for me. I suffered panic attacks for the first 4 weeks and the Lorazepam gave me the relief I needed to get through.

Follow your doctors advice but be sure to take the meds they prescribe you because they really can work.

Another tip for the stomach pain from my doctor. Take a probiotic in the morning and some Metamucil at night. It has helped me immensely.

Stay with it and stay strong, it is working for me now just takes time and patience.

God Bless.

• Posted

Really thanx I not yet lorazepam because alots ppl told me it's evil pills. Where do u live and wot your age? Wot happen when u take your first pill

• Posted

I live in the USA I am 33. It has not been an evil pill for me, the point is to only take when needed. It has a very calming affect makes me feel a bit lethargic but not overly.

Good Luck.

• Posted

I just want go out and also my work so u think is dose help for day time
    • Posted

On 1mg I was able to go about my day
    • Posted

Ok I try but doctor say just half
    • Posted

Follow your doctors direction not mine. Every person is different.
  • Posted

Lorazepam has saved my live numerous times. It was the only thing that would get me through the awful side effects. I would take 0.5mg tablets. I only ever needed 1mg per day. Made me able to cope. I am 33 and I live in Canada
  • Posted

I was afraid to take my first pill too. But as soon as I did I couldn't believe how much better I felt. I was able to get through the day. Hang in there!

• Posted

How long u been take lorazepam and how u feel I m very bad depression and my stomach so hurt I m 11 day on sertaline. Plzz tell me more about maybe I take one . I just check internet it's ppl very worse when withdraw

Thanx

• Posted

I took it almost everyday for 3 months. It was a very low dose I was given and I never felt like I needed more than I was prescribed by my doctor. I didn't have any trouble when I stopped taking it. No withdrawal or anything. I think if you take it as your doctor has directed you to, you will be ok. If the doctor gave it to you? I would take their advice and use it.

• Posted

The first few weeks on sertraline is awful! That's why the doctor gave you the lorazepam to go with it. It should get you through this really tough spot until the sertraline starts to work.

• Posted

I understand just doctor say when u need it. I don't try yet bit scared because alots story on YouTube ppl got very pain when stop taken it.

So u already stop it or u still taken it

• Posted

I haven't had to take any in over a month. I would only take it when I really needed to. When the anxiety was so bad I couldn't cope I would take it and I could get through the day

• Posted

Really thanx so if u any condition like low mood depression and anxiety take pill

Or u take pill first 3 month every day my anxiety very bad really last 10 day I m at home

Crying not going out side last 3 month not going 2 work really very very pain full I have no words 2 explain. I really need a help guys

• Posted

Have you spoken to your doctor about the pain you are in? When you first start taking the sertraline it is normal to feel worse before you feel better. The lorazepam should help you cope better each day until the sertraline can do its job
    • Posted

Just pain start last night and I m back 2 doctor wed that's why I m asking u doctor says when u need it so I m try let's see thsnx

• Posted

Take whatever the doctor has prescribed for you. It will probably make you feel drowsy at first so be careful if you are driving
    • Posted

I take tablet last night but I don't feet anything just little bit mood swing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.