10 days post op full abdominal hystectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just need a little advice on pain medication girls, I know everyone is different but how long do you take pain killer, I'm still every 4 hours :-)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes every four hours is right I took mine every four and also had one stronger one they gave me I did this for about a week then just took them if I needed one
  • Posted

Hi Karen,

I took mine for 2 weeks. I think Doctor precribed 2 types of painkiller for me (Celebrex and Ultracet). Hope you get well soon.

Sue

• Posted

hello you take them untill you dont need them i did , i had same op as you and im on 11 week coming and im still getting some tummie pain , so i have the odd one to help, hope you get on
  • Posted

I took them every 4 hours for about a week.  Then I started going longer between each dose, 6 hours or so, for another week, then after that in the morning and in the evening until I didn't need them anymore.  I found cutting them down gradually worked well for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.