10 things not to say to some one with a chronic disease

Posted , 8 users are following.

10 you dont look sick, you look so well

9 Its all in your head

8 It must be nice not having to go to work.

7pull yourself togeather

6 no pain no gain

5get a grip sort yourself out

4 Its all in your head.

3 stop being lazy get a job.

2 It cant be that bad.

1You cant be in that much pain. Ugghhhmad

What have you had said to you? any thoughts ladies gentle hugs take good care of yourselves. xx

0 likes, 66 replies

66 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Best one I think when fatigue strikes

Well we all get tired! agggggghhhhhhh

• Posted

Hi maggers,    I am 43 and i really look forward to my bed , finding its getting earlier ha ha. I wish and i have said it before on here, that you could just for a few mins touch someone and they feel your pain ect ect, that would shut them up. Fibro fog is one of the worst , i just had to change my pass word on here as i forgot it, and this morning at the doctors i kept sighning in my daughters date of birthlol i was thinking this stupid system. recently got a puppy names Charlie but i keep  calling him  Tyra ( who died few years ago) its annoying everyone ooopsy. Just another day eh !!!!!!. hugs 
    • Posted

agreed fibro-fog is dreadful.  If they get annoyed at you calling the dog by the wrong name just tell 'em "he doesn't care what I call him as long as it's not late for dinner"lol  my dog is used to being called all sorts.
    • Posted

laughing at the dog name thingy.  i regularly call my cat 'oy snooty ar*e' he dont care as long as there's some treats in it. smile
    • Posted

Exactly all the dog hears is blah blah blah   blah blah blah -  biscuit - blah blah blah
    • Posted

there's a wonderful cartoon by a famous cartoonist along the lines of 'what humans say to dogs' and a second picture 'what dogs hear'  wish I could remember who drew it...it's just so true smile
    • Posted

found it - if you type in 'what dogs hear cartoon' into google - there's a whole bunch of them, the one I was remembering is by Larson.
    • Posted

Will have a look.   my dog does not need to speak he can always let me know exactly what he wants.
    • Posted

Maggers so true Charlie is only four months old, he has been called allsorts especialy when he bites. I say that to my husband its the tone of your voice . I mean i call my husband some names and he definatly understands what i mean ha ha. Love him really.
    • Posted

Hi hazel Ive got  abichon frize his name is charlie.I hate fibro fog today its been terrible, Im forever having to change pass words as I keep forgetting them today I forgot what date my husbands birthday fell on I thought it was the 5th sept its the 7th same day as our anniversary Id forgotten that they were both on the same day its so frustrating. If people were to able to feel our pain they would know what sheer hell we are going through gentle hugs take care
    • Posted

Ive called my dog by my husbands name before now we know what we mean to call em it jst doesnt always come ou right smile
    • Posted

I get that said to me quite ofternmad
    • Posted

Hi maggers how are you how did you get on at work been thinking about you wondering  how iwrk was going and how you were copeing neutral
    • Posted

Hi Kaz..I have a Bichon Frese too, he will be 4 on 1st July. His name is Dylan, he has quietened down now, as he was such a handfull.
    • Posted

Hi Anne I wish charlie would quieten down hes still handle the little monkey his birthday is also on july 1st, I will have to ask my husband how old he is as I cant remember he may be 5 or 6. hes my pride joy I wouldnt be with out him I love him so much. hope you have a good day enjpy the sun and our free vitamin dcool take care
    • Posted

handful I meant wish brain would get into 1st gear instead of stuck in reverselol
    • Posted

I know all about being stuck in reverse gear! Phew its very hot.Dylan and I have just been out for a drive around for an hour, the air conditoning was most walcome.Have a good dayrazz
    • Posted

Hi Anne Charlie will be 6 tomorrow just found out from my hubby. hope you and Dylan are managing to keep cool take caresmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.