10 weeks post op.

Posted , 8 users are following.

After 12 days in hospital 3 of those in ICCU I am now home. Feeling a little vulnerable but breathing properly. The prolapse repairs have worked and believe me , the bladder repair had been thoroughly tested by being in hospital. Having to press a button and wait for a nurse would have been terrible before the op and I would have had a lot a accidents as it was I was dry, able to hold easily and comfortably. I have no worries over the op and down there feels so normal.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Welcome home clare and lovely to hear from you. You must take things easy and rest although you've probably been told that. I'm saddened to read about waiting for a nurse when you need the loo. There would have been hell to pay on my ward if that happened! xx

• Posted

In the ICCU it took quite a time to disconnectme from all the machines. On ward is was waiting for someone to connect me to an oxygen tank. It's just beginning to dawn on me what actually could have happened. My head feels messed up especially at night I'm having trouble sleeping but it has only been a couple of days.

• Posted

I've heard patients say they have trouble sleeping when they've been in ICCU. It's probably because they don't differentiate between day and night very often because patients are so ill.

• Posted

Hi Clare, so glad you have finally made it home! Keep resting and take it easy you have really been through it. I bet your family is so relieved to have you back with them. Now the real healing starts for you, Hopefully you will be in fine form in a few more weeks. Thank you for keeping us updated and take good care of yourself. very best wishes Mik xx
  • Posted

Hi Clare,

Glad to hear all is well and blood clots and breathing all sorted.

You will be skiping about like a spring lamb in no time.

Happy healing,

Phyl x☺💖

• Posted

My husband just read your reply and is laughing his head off! He's been very worried lately so seeing him laugh is wonderful. Thank you

• Posted

wow you have really been through it. im glad you were able to release from hospital. good luck on your body and all the possibilities of freedom.
  • Posted

That's great Clare , glad it's all working ok . I'm 6 weeks post op for posterior and anterior repair and cervix removal from a previous subtotal hysterectomy. All seems ok up to now . Hoping the looking pregnant will go soon ! It's lovely not getting the urge to go all the time and having to push the prolapse out the way and all the heavy hanging out uncomfortouble feeling. I wish you well for the future .

• Posted

You too Jane. Keep your positive attitude it works wonders.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.