100% convinced I have something bad :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started having a pain in my left breast at the beginning on January I went to the doctor she examined me and said that there is nothing there and the both felt normal and she wasn't concerned at all so I was feeling a bit better,

I went back a few weeks ago to see a different doctor because I noticed a red spot on the same breast she examined me again and said everything feels normal and it was a pulled hair it did go away.

I have forgot all about my breast for 1 month then I started feeling again and noticed the pain was still slightly there on one spot I freaked my self out by googling and I came up inflammatory breast cancer I haven't been feeling right since I'm scared to go back to the doctors

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Sarah

You didn't say how old you are?  This could really help, I have had the same problem for the past 2 years (had blood tests/mamogrammes) all clear, however my husband googled my symptoms and the results were

really helpful. However it would depend upon your age. Love Jeanette x

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

I am 25 I have googled but it came up all the worse thing, I have been examined twice by 2 different doctors and they both weren't concerned at all.

Thanks Sarah

• Posted

Hiya Sarah

Please try my advise for a couple of weeks, but I'm no medical expert,

I gave up alcohol, all fatty foods (including crisps and cheese - really hard for me as I love all savoury foods), no fast foods, the only give up that I couldn't give up (if that makes sense) was caffeine - I love my coffee.  Within two weeks, the pain disappeared and I felt like a different person, and an added bonus was I lost weight.  Please try this but I would advise badgering your Doctor if this doesn't work.

Let me know how you go on.

Jeanette x

• Posted

Thanks for your advice Jeanette

I will try all these things I have already started in a diet so will see how it goes, I'm going back on Tomorrow to the doctors as I am really worried and my anxiety doesn't help she does examine me properly so she will examine me again, she did mention prime rose oil like a lot of other woman on here have used, but my breast isn't tender it is only one spot which is when I push it,

If you don't mind me asking what was wrong with your breast?

Thanks Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I didn't have a lump just really sore down my left side/breast and found it difficult to sleep on my left side. Where abouts does it hurt when you push it and is there any dimpling but I'm sure your Doctor has asked you these questions. Please try not to worry, I know this is easier said than done.  Please let me know how you get on when you see your doctor.

Jeanette x 

• Posted

I don't have a lump either there I checked a number of times and been checked twice by doctors and said everything is normal. The pain is under my bipolar at the bottom of the breast, it so hard not to worry I have convinced my self iam going to die of bc sad x
    • Posted

I know it is easy for me to say don't worry because I was a total wreck and no matter what anyone told me (including my doctor)  I was convinced that I had BC, but I had blood tests that said I was clear.  Please don't feel it's in your mind and keep badgering your doctor until you get a satisfactory answer.  Also Sarah please keep me informed.

Jeanette X

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

I have been back to the doctors twice since I spoke with you the first doctor examined me and she said everything is normal to come back when my periods had gone as they were sore and lumpy, I went back on Thursday as I was in the shower the other day and felt a lump in my armpit I got really scared and anxious she had a feel of my breast and said there was no lumps in my breast I told her about my armpit and she said she does feel it but it would be a swollen gland due to a pulled hair or just finishing my periods.i told her I'm really scared about it she said the next thing would be getting blood taken I'm so scared because it's like deep down I know it's bad sad

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I have been reading through a few of your posts and wondered how you were feeling? I can kinda sympathies with you a little about having health anxiety and being stressed out about a lump you have found! I to have health anxiety and have a small lump in my right breast that is very painful! I went and had it checked out 2yrs ago and was told it was nothing, I then fell pregnant with my second son and it all went away but has now come back more painful than ever, I had it checked out by a doctor a few months back who said they couldn't feel anything, then again 4 weeks ago and nothing still couldn't feel anything, it was only today that I've had it checked again that they felt something, she said feels small and smooth but will refer anyway as anyone with breast issues she refers to put our mind at rest! This is great but like you the wait is going to be the longest ever! There is no history of bc in the family but there's always a first! My lump is at the top of my breast between my armpit and boob it's really tender to, I have had itchy breast and my nipple is tender, I too have been told that a painful lump is a good sign but I don't think that's always the case! Have you had any appointments yet? X
    • Posted

Hi Emma

I was crying to my partner last night about it all I got very up set about it all as I need to wait until the 7th of June for a blood test on my white blood cells, she keeps telling me not to worry there is nothing she is worried about in my breast but I'm still scared.i have been examined four times by 3 different doctors to so I think surely 3 doctors can't be wrong.

In your case if it was bc the lump wouldn't have went away and came back again what tests have you had done x

• Posted

I've had numerous bloods they were all normal, I've been seen in a breast clinic but had no scans etc, I have had 3 examinations with my doctors and the only one who felt something was the one this morning! I didn't feel a lump before I was pregnant but I had the pain in my breast, the pain went away when I was pregnant but came back after he was born and had not really ever eased and like I said there is now a small lump there, you have to push quite firm to feel it but it hurts, I had more bloods this morning for something else but that will also check my blood count.

I am really worried like you though, my sister has a history of fibros which are lumps in the breast and she said my symptoms sound just like hers but I can't stop worrying!

I think you need to go back and really push to be referred, just because they can't feel anything you know your own body and your the best person to realise a change x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.