100% WORKING TREATMENT for my IBS!

Posted , 173 users are following.

100% WORKING TREATMENT for my IBS!

Hi, I am writing this to try to help everybody that I can because I have been on the same boat as you guys and gone through this living hell for 3 years!!!  Short description about my previous case was that I could almost eat nothing, only eat what is normally designated for IBS menu, I was always feeling that I had to go to the Bathroom, I would have IBS-D attacks daily, even taking a lot of Imodium would not work totally, painful bowel cramps, the whole works… I could go on with the list…but you guys already know what are the symptoms from personal experience.

Doctors give this autoimmune disease the name of IBS because they are totally clueless of why this happens, so they just grab all the symptoms and put them in one bag calling it IBS… to me it is just the doctors another way of saying they are clueless but they don´t want to show it to us so they won´t look bad.

Dr. Pimentel who has come up with the theory about SIBO is the cause makes me think that he is correct, this is the only one doctor that had a clue.

Now for the Treatment that I used daily :

From 10 gram to 30 grams of L-Glutamine, to repair the damaged intestinal mucosa and lining. Repairing this will block big food particles from entering the blood stream directly due to the holes in the intestinal lining cause by the bad bacteria.

12 billion Probiotic daily at least, start by using the 50 billion probiotic and then after seeing results you may try to decrease to cheaper probiotics, but don´t go below 10 billion.

Using the SIBO treatment first if desired:

Use Xifaxan ( Rifaximin) antibiotic to wipe out the bad bacteria but this will also wipe out the good bacteria ( check for Dr. Pimentel’s SIBO treatment). While you are doing this, I advise you to take probiotics daily to compensate the bacterial slaughter in the intestines. You can also start L-Glutamine ate the same time to repair the intestinal mucosa and Lining.

After the Xifaxan Treatment, keep on taking the heavy duty 50 billion probiotic daily and glutamine. After getting better, you may try to change the dosages of L-Glutamine and Probiotics and see how you adapt to lower dosages to try to save money.

Since many if not all IBS people are prone to getting E.Coli overgrowth again, you will have to keep on taking L-Glutamine and Probiotics for the rest of your life. I am on this treatment for 1 year and now I eat Pizza, Junk food, Spicy food, drink sodas and Coca-Colas and am totally normal as I was before. I will not say I am cured because it must be an auto-immune disease, but you may keep it in check and be 100% normal by just taking this for the rest of you days ( L-Glutamine and Probiotics).

I have tried previously all know medications for IBS, Antidepressants, anxiolytics , antispasmodics, tried acupuncture, etc. and I was only 30% better, because this medicines do not fix the problem, the just drug your gut to numbness…

This treatment will take around 6 months to reach 100% improvement, but you will notice improvements after 2 months, so be patient.

Good Luck to all and may god help you!

30 likes, 1153 replies

1153 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

An additional thought and extra information about my trial with IBS Diets.

I have followed a strict IBS diets for months during my IBS, an never once I have felt close to better, of course the diet helped me , but only to not amplify the severity of the attacks. Food is not the root cause of our problem but it can aggravate it, I remember from the past during my IBS diet, I had a couple of times of waking up in the morning or during the day just drinking plain water on an empty stomach and then hell breaking loose like I had eaten something really bad for IBS, which I did not because I was already for months on the IBS diet… so this would make me think that I had to quit drinking water also? What was left? Breathing air?

My thought here is Food plays its role in aggravating IBS, but it is not the cause, the Bowels are damaged and they have to be repaired.

When the walls of your bowels are damaged and weak (microscopic holes in the intestinal permeability), bacteria and particles of food go through creating chaos. Healthy/ strong intestinal walls (gut mucosa permeability) and controlled bacteria in the guts mostly are the keys to become or get close to normality again!

• Posted

What your saying makes perfect sense. I've been going through the whole rigmarole of gluten free (as I'm told I could be coeliac) however I've happily consumed gluten without any issues. Like you also say I've been fine eating and drinking having a balanced diet, then ibs seems to flare up. Everything I've tried has made marginal improvements but the only 1 thing I've done which has helped massively is regulate my sugar intake.

I started taking the probiotic which seemed to help. I'm not tempted to try L Glutamine with the probiotic for a longer period of time.

My diet at the time of ibs kicking off was high in sugar, alcohol, fizzy drinks etc and carbs. Not good. I've since changed all that and now feel better.

How long did you stay on L Glutamine and probiotic before you saw a difference?

When I quit sugar I felt awful for about 2 weeks...like being hungover lol. I was tired and soo thirsty. Anyway that all passed and my stomach calmed down, stopped making weird noises, morning rushes stopped, poo didn't burn when I went to the toilet. Ever since reducing my intake I've felt better. I've also done what you mention in a previous post...and re introduced sugar to see if my symptoms return...which they do.

I'm about 75% improved but just not 'cured'! Would love to be cured though!! Would be awesome!

• Posted

Hi, it took me two months to start seeing results. L-Glutamine gives more energy also and with that it helps with depression from IBS.

It took 6 months to be 100%, but this may not be the same for everybody, some mayg et better sooner, others later.

• Posted

Hi! 

Thank you SO much for posting about your experience. This has been consuming my life for going on for 6 years. I have a few additional questions and hope this is still active so you could provide some more insight!

When you started with Xifaxan:

-What was your dosage? 

-How many days was the treatment?

-What diet did you follow while on xifaxan?

-How did you space out taking probiotics, l-glutamine and xifaxan to maximize benefit?

After Xifaxan:

-Did you continue the same diet or add any additional foods?

-I know you said you felt better after 2 months - at that point, could you occasionally enjoy something without feeling like you totally lost progress? I'm fine sticking with a strict diet for 6 months or however long but also know there are a few special occasions where I'd like to moderately indulge in an alcoholic beverages or a sweet treat (i.e. my birthday, wedding, etc). I just don't want to feel like 1 day every few weeks could potentially send me back to square 1. I'd love to hear your thoughts on that as well!

Again, thank you SO much for your time and dedication to sharing your story. It gives me a renewed hope that I can get past this and live a normal life.

• Posted

That's quality you have sorted your ibs!

I'm exactly the same as you. I research and understand how my body is responding and remove / introduce things to my diet to find collocations etc to improve things.

Don't get me wrong I'm all up for natural supplements and healthy healing but sometimes you do need (as you say) that drug as a last resort to help improve things!

I work with a few guys who have ibs issued. Their solution is to not worry about it and live with it. I refuse to live with something that has affected a lot of aspects of my life. Exactly like you say... Becoming a diet freak, having constant frustrations when thinking a new diet is working then the ibs hits you, the constant worry of needing to know where the bathroom is.... And the list goes on!

I've never ever had any stomach problems up until 3-4 years ago. Never had any issues with gluten....etc and would be 'as regular as clockwork' with nice soft solid stools. Then it had intense stomach pains for 3 days, diahrrea for about a month and I was told I had ibs. 

• Posted

So what's better powder or capsule L Glutamine?

Did you continue a regular 'normal' diet whilst taking the probiotic and glutamine? I'm thinking for it to be realistic and measurable as to whether it's going to work or not I will need to stick with my 'regular diet' for the period?

Got myself some more VSL on order... So let's see what happens!

• Posted

It is all the same, but I think that the powder form is cheaper.

During my treatment, I kept on with my diet to make my healing faster.

You will notice when you feel better and you will then know when to test it.

Good luck and let me know how it goes after a while.

• Posted

Well...

Coming up to the 14 day on VSL probiotic. Normal diet etc. I stopped the L glutamine as something started making me feel rough and unwell. Not sure whether it was a big I caught it whether the L glutamine was causing it. My plan is to stick with VSL for a month and then review how it feel.

So far difficult to say... Can't say I've noticed a massive change, but will persist!

• Posted

Hi, what is the dosage of the bacterial strain in each capsule of VSL probiotic? I take 2 capsules that amount to 25 billion strain. About L-Glutamine, try to lower the dosage, how much are you taking, maybe not everybody may be able to take the same amount. Try to Adjust, I take now 10 grams and never had an issue. Good Luck.
  • Posted

Hi Maurice.Your post is very interesting in that I had reached similar conclusions although my symptoms have not been quite the same.

In my case the only real symptom has been excess flatulence, but to a life-changing degree. This is devastating as far as any social life is concerned. Some foods are worse than others, but no matter what I eat I suffer from excess flatulence every day. And it has become steadily worse over the years.

I first suspected the cause to be Bacteria about three years ago when given the antibiotic Augmentin for a bladder infection on more than one occasion. Each time the flatulence ceased altogether within a few days, by which time my surgery had obtained the results of the urine test and changed my prescription to a different antibiotic, whereupon the flatulence returned in a short time.

Over the years I consulted with two gastroenterologists who sent me for numerous tests/scans which proved negative. I was advised that “we might never find the cause” and, after a negative SIBO breath test, “antibiotics are not appropriate”, the latter in spite of my findings with Augmentin. At the recommendation of the second consultant I paid for the strong, albeit expensive, probiotic VSL#S because my GP refused to prescribe it under NHS, and which only succeeded in making my condition worse. Also, at some point I was referred to a Dietitian who insists I am suffering from IBS and who introduced me to the FODMAP diet, which, in any case, I find impossible to follow religiously! I have tried a Gluton Free diet with no effect!

Becoming totally dissatisfied and disillusioned, I recently went to yet a third consultant and at last achieved a minor breakthrough. He admitted that my excess flatulence was caused by bacteria but explained that the medical profession regards it as a symptom of IBS, even when the patient is not suffering from any of the other several symptoms normally associated with IBS. It became clear that the NHS policy on IBS is to attempt to alleviate the symptoms rather than address the cause. Unfortunately, he like the others would not endorse the use of antibiotics. And incidentally, none of the consultants I have spoken to will agree to there being “good and bad” bacteria. One claimed that the concept was introduced by the firms selling probiotics! What do I know?

So it was quite refreshing to read subsequently about Dr. Pimental and the Greek research study on the website Medical News Today. The conclusion of that being that Bacteria is not only the cause of flatulence but, at the same time, is the cause of IBS. As you remarked, the study achieved some success with the antibiotic Rifaximin, which may be more appropriate than Augmentin. But whilst the GPs are reluctant to use any antibiotic for IBS I understand they prescribe it for travel diarrhea, which leaves me puzzled as to why travel diarrhea is not classified as IBS?

I found this forum a couple of days ago and I thank you for your comments on L-Glutamine. I will look further into that.

Good luck with your methods.

• Posted

I agree with you. I have seen my gp 3 or 4 times and he says I have ibs and not really offered any solution other than managing my symptoms through diet.

I've seen 2 consultants and although they have been kind of helpful, everything I have been told to try (diet changes, amitriptyline to help with anxiety etc) these have helped but not cured my ibs. I think bacteria build up has caused my symptoms and caused damage to my guts (how and why I'm not sure) but explains why nothing has really given me the breakthrough I've really needed to overcome ibs.

It has also affected my social life etc massively as you mention... To a certain degree ruling certain aspects of my life. My ibs has also increased my anxiety massively which taking a 1 month prescription of amitriptyline has proved... I've since finished the medicine, gone back to how I felt before and the anxiety has returned.

Basically ibs for me isn't a quick fix and so the probiotic and l glutamine option I have started with a view to taking 1 sachet of VSL daily for 1 month and then review how I feel to judge whether it's making an improvement or not. I may stay on it longer. I believe it's necessary to try something for a few months to see any real benefit. I used to make the mistake of trying all sorts of elimination diets, probiotics, ibs medicines and never really have things enough time to be able to conclude what works and what doesn't. I think Maurice's advice makes perfect sense.

Good luck 

• Posted

Hi, what dosage of probiotics are you taking daily? My Girlfriend and my Mother have alot of gas ( and really bad smelling ). They take probiotics and arfe alot better. I may not be right, but I think that gas mainly comes from the bad bacteria feeding off what we eat, and if we have alot of that bad bacteria, the more gas we have. Have you tried taking probiotics with 50 billion good bacterial strain to control and eliminate as much as possible the bad bacteria ( because it is impossible to totally erradicate bad bacteria from our guts.)

Good Luck.

• Posted

Now maurice i just go to the pharmacy and ask for L Glutamin supplement? As for probiotic is there a brand name ? Or any probiotic will work !!! Thks
    • Posted

Hi, I only advise any brand that has a high dosage of good bacteria, strarting from 10 billion strain to up. I tried the 50 billion strain in the begining and now take 25 billion. The brand doesn´t matter, what matters is the amount per capsule. Good Luck
    • Posted

Could IBS be influenced by the cocktail of medication one takes daily and their interaction, as many have diarrohea as aa side effect?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.