1010mg of Ami before bed stops me sleeping - anyone els

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

I have tried this drug twice before....and only lasted two days on it. I take it before bed say 9.30pm and once it gets into my system it creates havoc with my nervous system! Every time I doze off, and I mean every time, my body spasms and wakes me, it creates stress as I feel i can't relax & so I end up with no sleep at all plus the bad hung over feeling. Does anyone else have this problem ? All other antidepressants keep me awake too (but not with the jitters like Ami). Over the last two months my insomnia has improved massively. I'm wanting to take something to lift my mood in general, I  just feel low, worrier etc. Any advice no matter how small would be appreciated. Ta. Nicky

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry the above was meant to say 10mg... Anyone else had this problem.
    • Posted

I was prescribed 10mg short term to treat severe headaches triggered by chiropractic treatment for neck pain. My GP advised taking the drug a couple of hours before bed to avoid feeling drowsy in the daytime and like stephen73292 I felt fine next day. I am not an expert but 10mg seems a low dose to treat anxiety of depression. I recall mentioning this to my GP at time saying I didn't want anti-depression medication for pain and he said that this drug is commonly prescribed in low doses for pain and in higher doses for mood disorders.

• Posted

You perhaps need to take it earlier than what you are currently doing. I take mine at 7pm, retire to bed at 10 - 10.30pm & wake between 7 - 7.30am the next day refreshed. I have been on 20mg for 2 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.