10mg Amitriptyline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I have been perscribed10mg of Amitriptyline to take at night. Currently I am taking Propranolol to help with Anxiety.

Hopefully this is to reduce my anxiety overall and everything that goes with that. Help with sleep (I get night panic attacks / insommia) and reduce this constant muslce pain from tension in jaw and head. I have coped with work etc normally now, but it's getting harder to maintain.

I am really hoping this works wonders as I am running out of hope and starting to get really down. I have tried Flux before and that was horrendous.

The dose the Doctor has suggested is very low, It's more to help with sleep and tension / give me more energy to deal with Stress / Anxiety oppose to the higher full on antidepressant dose.

Just wondering what side effects will I most likely expect on a lower dose?

I already wake up feeling extremely tired and like I have been hit by a truck and that's with taking nothing, so really hoping these make things better oppose to worse!

Thank you

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I take  this mediation for Nurological damage, caused by my Chronic joint condition.

My script allows 75mg, the drug is a AD medication and it also allows me to sleep and also help me get around next day as my Tendon Shieves rub against the tendons.

Both our drug doses are small so it would seem to be prescribed for your all your pains. This medication seems to be ok for me with all my joint nerve damage.

Enjoy a better sleep

B.

• Posted

I was once prescribed 10mg for extreme headaches which followed a course of chiropractic treatment for a neck injury. I was reluctant to take the drug as I thought it was an antidepressant but told by my GP that low doses like this are used or pain and higher doses for depression. The key is to take it a couple of hours before going to bed. It helps promote a good night's sleep but unless you take it early in the evening, you are likely to feel like a zombie in the morning.

• Posted

Thank you.

I haven't yet tried them. Little worried but might try today as the headaches are so painful now.

What side effects did you notice on the 10mg?

• Posted

Hi..it's a really low dose. .I've been on 10mgs for 5 months and after 20 years of chronic migraine..6 or 8 attacks per month..I'm down to maybe one a month! It hasnt had any impact on my day to day activity. .certainly don't feel tired. It hasn't helped me sleep ..but then I'm a super insomniac..nothing works lol! ! I did put a few pounds on..but that's easy enough to sort out..just try it okay..give it time to work. Month or so for migraine in my case .

• Posted

Apologies for delay in replying. The notification went to my spam folder. No side effects that I recall so long as I took the tab early in the evening and the pain was soon resolved so I didn't have to take the drug for very long. I hope you too now have some relief from your symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.