12 Week Treatment for Hep C

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am on my 5th week starting tomorrow on my treatment. Can't wait to finish cause honestly I'm tired of taking medicines, but what keeps me going is that I'll be cured when my 12 weeks are up so such a very small price to pay for getting well. My side affects are fatigue, itching all over my body and I gotta tell you it's annoying more than anything. I scratch, and scratch just to stop this annoying  itching ugh. Has anyone else experiencing these issues?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Angelina may I ask what treatment you are doing? I am having hard time getting my insurance to cover it they want all kinds of tests first, but hope to get it within couple months. 
    • Posted

I am taking Ribivarin and The Viekira Pak. My Union Benefits almost didn't pay but with help from my doctor and programs out there I was able to get these medications. As long as I was making under 60,000 a year I would be qualify to get the medicines. I could not afford these medicines cause they really, really cost a lot of money, in fact I don't think anyone who's living paycheck to paycheck and has medical coverage cannot come out of pocket to pay the ridiculous money they want
    • Posted

Thank you so much I will see if this is what my doc had planned for me. I just want this out of my body, I bet you will be so releived. What a great thing that they came up with something that can actually cure it.
    • Posted

You are welcome. I know exactly what you mean cause after all this time with this Hep Cim glad that they came up with a medicine that is bareable to take, but can cure everyone. What an awesome thing. I hope all goes well for you, stay healthy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.