12 weeks for hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've decided after seeing my gyno Friday to go for a hysterectomy for fibroids at the end off appointment he sent me for some blood tests ,he's told me it will be around 12 weeks for the operation ,those that have had one or having one is this Bout right I thought it was pretty quick I thought it would be a lot longer x

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I waited 8 weeks and op was delayed by 3 weeks as hospital had noro virus and lists were cancelled. Waiting times vary across the whole country. You can check times on NHS web site for your area. Seems a fairly long wait.

Good luck. Best decision I ever made. Life is good again.

• Posted

Wow that quick it says on nhs website 8 weeks as well for Leicester can I ask how long after you agreed to it before u got any letters and thanks nervous but can't wait to get rid of pain ,everyone I've spoke to have said similar to you x
    • Posted

Hi Sue, I had to have hysteroscopy to rule out cancer which is routine as they don't like surprises when they have opened you up. Then he agreed to op and signed consent once all results back 3 weeks later. Date given then.

Jeanette

• Posted

Not sure Sue. Mine insisted as fibroids were not solely the cause of the pain. Had multiple inside and out with one pushing uterus in half from the outside. A cyst was hiding and one ovary not visible. If scans are enough for him to go ahead it may not be needed. Without doubt the waiting is the worst. Once in hospital I felt a sudden calm and all was well. Felt so much better immediately and recovery was much easier than I could have believed. Once you have lived with pain, heavy bleeding vomiting,lack of appetite, recovery was a walk in the park.
    • Posted

Oohs bless you sounds like you have been through a lot ,glD your feeling better, my fibroids were diagnosed around two ago but only tiny so didn't do anything since then was having bad pain near left ovary turned out to be an inguinal hernia on both sides had op around 5 week ago he did it keyhole whilst operating he saw that my uterus was was big with fibroids he took some pics gave them to me to show gyno and he said from pics a hysterectomy was best option for my age etc he's not said I need a scan the photos must have been enough , very strange seeing pics of my insides lol just be glad to get them out and get on with my life ,thanks so much for advice and answering x

• Posted

Sounds like they have had a good look. Just wait for your date! All the best. Try not to worry. I read so much and got convinced it was going to be so hard. I read too much.
  • Posted

Hi Sue

I apologise for the delay in answering your query x I am 2 weeks post op for TAH & ovaries removed no keyhole, I waited almost 4 months for my operation but this was due to a holiday I had in June otherwise my gynie advised it is 3 months waiting x good luck with your operation xx

• Posted

Don't apologise Hun thanks for answering how you feeling now ,can I ask did you need your ovaries removed or did u choose to have then removed as I decided to keep them as long as there healthy but a few people have asked me why when I don't need them x
    • Posted

Hi sue

I'm not too bad x waiting to see if have a water infection x

I did not need my ovaries out I did have a large cyst but I advised my gynie I was not coming back a couple of years down the line for another operation and he agreed with me, I am on HRT not sure if they agree with me as hot flushes are reduculous but early days haha xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.