12 weeks on Fluoxetine and still feeling anxious....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ALL 

I am on week 12 of fluoxetine and I'm still feeling anxious and the lethargy and tiredness is still a real problem.   Can anyone advise when these symptoms should settle down - they are getting to be a real problem and I am struggling to work full time.     I was hoping that by now I should be seeing some relief, one of the reasons my GP started me on the flu in the 1st place was because of the fatigue   - thinking that it was a sign of depression - as all medical causes had been excluded.      Would appreciate any help/advice please from anyone more experienced with this drug or illness.     Best Wishes Louise 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have any of your symptoms settled?
    • Posted

Hi. I'm not as anxious - but the fatigue especially in the morning and mid afternoon is still a problem and motivation to get going in the morning and get out of bed etc........ Just wondering when tablets will kick in and take effect
  • Posted

Hi there, what dose are you on? I'm on 20 mg and felt [email]s@*t[/email] until about week 12, when things started to look up.  I still have tired days but, on the whole, life is certainly much better nowadays. This site will help you - lovely support network.

Anne x

• Posted

Hi. I'm on 20mg daily - I was beginning to worry that drug not going to work! Just wanted to check in with other people who have more experience than me..... Thanks for your kind words.... Lou
    • Posted

Hi Lou, just wondering how long you're been on the Flu?  Yeah, even on week 18, I still have days when I yawn all day long.  But then I know that tomorrow will most likely be different...  I'm sleeping better now, even though I seem to have restless leg syndrome (annoying leg-jerks!). And we need to remember that even for 'healthy' non-depressed folk, there'll be good days and bad, eh?

Anne x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.