12 weeks post ankle lateral ligament stabilisation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys

Has anyone else had arthroscopy lateral ligament stabilisation? ( I also got 2 screws) I am 12 weeks post op and i dont feel any better, The exercises the physio has given me are agony to do & she said my ankle is still very stiff but its getting there. After walking for about 1 hour (that is in & out of the car) the pain is horrendous around my ankle bone & up my leg, i have to go home & elevate it. Even the front of my foot feels sore to touch like its bruised.

I went to see the surgeon today & he wants me to have another mri 😔

I am still off work & i can't even imaging going back to stand on my feet for 8 hrs a day ... I don't know what to do !!!!

Thanks for listening smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi and o god I feel ur pain .im 16 weeks post op ttc open ankle fusion I like u keep thinking just a few more weeks but this week I'm in more pain than ever all the world and his dog keep saying take it easy ur ready when ur ready I can hardly put my foot down att all after going for a small stroll on my crutches I might as the pain in my heel is shocking.i like u are just at a loss wot to do next the pain killers do nothing nor does ice .i try to keep smiling but my smiles are wearing very thin .rant over .HOPE U FEEL A BIT BETTER SOON 👍

• Posted

Hi yes I had similar and 15 months post op I still had alot of pain and swelling etc. I have recently (November) I had a second Arthroscoy for scar tissue (again) and synovitis. I still have major issues and I honestly don't know know what to do. I had my original surgery in June 2015 and recent one November 2016. I'm fed up and seeing my surgeon on Thursday. Mine was caused by my hip partially dislocating for 2 years and my ankle bearing the brunt of the spasms which caused a fracture, ligament tears and instability. My tendons and vessels were stretched far beyond the usual ROM amd now I have constant pain, swelling and blood pooling. I think yours will take time. 12 weeks isn't really very long but I really honestly know the agony. I can't use my ankle at all really. It sucks but I hope yours is just recover time. 

• Posted

*recovery time. I'm glad your getting an MRI. I've had scar tissue issues and  if the one in November hasn't worked, and I get a better ROM etc and less pain, I'm a bit lost. It's so sore all the time, swollen and twitchy. I think you might need to give yours time. Can you wear a brace to help the pain? As long as it doesn't cause scar tissue build up... 

• Posted

Hi 00julianne00,

I see you are in a very awful situation!

I also, after walking for about even so much less than 1 hour have pain around my ankle bone & up my leg, I also when get to home have to ICE it, I do not use pain killers.

I have recently gone to another surgeon as my pervious surgeon just laughs and keep telling everything is ok! And gave me pain killers, now after almost 5 months I’m sure I have mate an evil in September… The new surgeon interestingly was worried, and gave me another MRI; He told me I may need another surgery! I am in tears actually...

I really don't know what to do; it’s like a nightmare for me. I want to just wakeup. I want to go back to September and before doing the surgery...

I had ligament tears and instability, but my situation was 100% percent better than now... I was at least able to walk as long as I want. I was so happy... God knows how much I want to go back to before surgery... The so called PROBLEM! Was my tendons were stretched far beyond the usual ROM but now I have constant pain... I really don’t know how much it has gone from surgery because I’m tired of counting! It’s for sure more than 4 months and now I’m going to months 5 of the nightmare...

Please keep me in your prayers...

• Posted

Hi, I am 20 months post op the original surgery and almost 3 months post the second one. I am in constant pain, I have swelling, a lot of colour change on foot and leg up to my thigh which goes red/blue blotchy or dark red. It's so painful and am fed up too. I am always using ICE and pain relief, becasue my ache is ALWAYS there. My ROM is terrible and my ankle is stiff and painful. I get terrible pain in my toes. It's very frustrating. I use a brace so it doesn't drop too far forward and stretch the joint. I try hydrotherapy but it just swells it up and has worse colour change. The blood pooling really hurts! I also use a pressure stockings but the ache gets so bad, I have to take it off and it swells up. 😞

• Posted

I am seeing my ankle surgeon this week. I'm fed up of simple answers. I'm 34 and can't do anything. Only walking on my frame (due to hip surgeries as well) for a few minutes before I get a lot of pain, colour change and swelling. I've had a gut full to be honest but my ankle soft tissue has been so damaged during the hip partial dislocations, being fair I don't think my ankle guy knows what to do. 😬

• Posted

Hey guys thanks for all of your replys & sorry i haven't replied back any sooner ive had a ruff 2 weeks, i had a bad fall & slpit my head open ended up in hospital & a few staples and on top of all that still got bad pain in my ankle.

My mri results came back clear so i dont know what's going on inside my ankle. Hope all of your recoverys are getting better and i definitely feel tour pain!!! Jules 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.