120mg Duloxetine with Propanolol - New dose help please.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've recently gone from 60mg of duloxetine daily to 120mg, in an effort to better control my anxiety. I was already taking 60mg propanolol daily (20mg 3 times a day) and my doctor told me to continue this as well as the duloxetine. It has only been about 10 days on this new regime. I take 120mg duloxetine in the morning with 20mg propanolol, and then 20mg propanolol in the afternoon and 20mg before bed. I am having terrible dizzy spells during the day, as well as bad anxiety. My doctor has told me I can take MORE propanolol if I need to, but I feel so anxious and depressed at the moment I don't want to just take more. Do I just need to stick with the routine? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am at my wits end. Many thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hiya I'm tapering off Duloxetine so don't really want to advise you about taking more, however Duloxetine has a 12 hour life span, I personally think you should be taking them twice daily not once a day, as you'll be withdrawing during the 12 hours without the drug in your system.. Hope you find some relief soon x

• Posted

Hi just wondering how you have been getting on with higher dose of duloxetine. I'm on 40mg just now and same dose of propanalol as you. Doc wanted to put me up to 60mg duloxetine last week but wanted to wait till my constipation was sorted (this is due to duloxetine ). My depression seems to be improving but anxiety is worse, worse than what it was before starting duloxetine. Are thing any better for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.